Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Ophthalmologist's visit

The Ophthalmologist
and his office called. They booked an appointment for Feb 13th at the Ivey Institute of Ophthalmology in London, ON. I'm very excited, scared, nervous and overwhelmed all in one.

I don't know what to expect or how to respond. When I learned at the University of Waterloo Ocular Health Dept that I had RP, I was calm and asked questions. However internally, I was screaming and fighting with my emotions. Just so fortunate that I had my DH with me. If DH wasn't there, I would've just bolted from the appointment walking blindly around because my pupils were expanded from the eyedrops.

This time around, DH will be there as my DH. I'm putting in a request for a SSP or intervenor. No more depending on DH to tactile for me because I want emotional support, DH to hold my hand.

Bless DH's heart, he tactiles for me and he provides emotional support. I'm so blessed to have him in my heart.

I'll be honest, I'm MSNing with my sunshine at the same time I do this blog. I simply must have daily dose of sunshine every day otherwise this world would be so dark and dreary. Sunshine knows who she is.

Tactile smile with love,
Patty oxox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Patty,
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all my questions! You did a great job! Maybe not everyone is as uninformed as I am, but ..... hopefully, it will help your readers have a better understanding of what you are dealing with.

I am so happy for you that you have daily Sunshine, as well as a second Mom. Nice to know that you are sooooo well cared for!

Hugs to you, Chris, Moses & Daisy!

SL