Monday, February 2, 2009

Beading Therapy

Over the week and the past weekend, I've been doing a lot of beading and making memory wire bracelets. It's wonderful therapy I tell you! I call it "beading therapy" as those who are here to view my blog knows I am an "emotional eater" and still struggle with it growing up. It's very easy to "emotion eat" to escape from the issues that bothers me but it doesn't mean I am resolving them.

I had therapy and emotional eating was what I learned that didn't help so I had to find other coping methods and beading therapy came from this. It's beautiful. Quite relaxing and helps me focus, learn to be patient because stress does a lot on your body and if you're all tense, you're not able to hold a bead especially when it is a glass bead.

I love using glass beads because the designs are always beautiful and the texture is smooth. Memory wire I use all the time as I started off using crafting wire a long time ago but couldn't get the desired shape. Some would break until memory wire was what I wanted and stuck with it.

I hope you enjoy the visual aspect whereas I loved the tactile aspect of beading therapy.

Tactile smile to all and with love,
Patty oxox





No comments: