Sunday, March 23, 2008

Trash to Treasure

I enjoy my hobbies with a new passion. Feeling things with my hands, working now at a slower pace as not to burn my fingers with the hot glue gun or snipping the tip of my finger with the scissors as well.

I enjoy scrapping, making customised cards, ATCs and there is a particular craft I love doing the most, prim.

I love finding trash and turning them into treasures. There's a fancy word for this, prim. Prim is my favourite hobby and it is something I just pour all my energies into this because I finally find something I can use my fingers into.

My sister Janet enjoys prim and I tell you this, she is an amazing artist. She does nametags and raggedies. She has her own business that's been thriving since 2004.

Click on the banner and it will take you to her website.


BearyPrimitivesAttic website

Janet has inspired me to do Prim and this is an example of how I turn Trash to Treasure.

With a few objects such as cloth, rusty hearts, a tag, a silicone bulb, cinammon buttons and raffia, I am able to turn a $3.99 find from Value Village into a beautiful lamp!

Before



After


1 comment:

Deaf Pixie said...

Cute it is really alot of colorful in the stores. Wow, it is still always cute with Trash to Treasure.. Something that it made me interesting to curious to what they are selling and the stuff are cutie.