Sunday, August 31, 2008

New products and silicone molds

I've been very busy these days making a lot more candle products and now it's time to post pictures to show what I've been making.

Green Apple


Photobucket


Pumpkin Spice


Photobucket


Apple Jack


Photobucket


Photobucket


I also make embeds for the candles. I simply pour extra wax after pouring the wax from candlemaking into an unused cookie sheet that has expired its purpose. I use cookie cutters just for candlemaking. You can get them at Walmart's for only 97 cents or at a dollar store. It's just as good as using a fancy shmancy cookie cutter, you only want to have a sharp edge at the end.


Cut the wax when it is semi-soft, not when it is hardened. If you cut when it is hard, you can expect the wax to break. Cut when it is semi-soft and you can peel off the excess wax from the outside. Don't toss out the excess wax. Put it in a ziploc baggie and keep it for another purpose. Want not, waste not, my dears!!

Photobucket

I was so lucky to get a hold of this beautiful "ILY" silicone mold from a beautiful friend of mine. Her name is Michelle Schoppe Dupre and she does candlemaking as well. She does embeds. You can find her beautiful website where you can find her own beautiful personalised artwork of the ILY sign. I was thrilled to pieces when she sold me her "ILY" silicone molds and she kept 2 to herself. I wanted this kind because it is 3D as well. It is just perfect for fundraising for the CNIB.

Being DeafBlind, texture is so important for me and to learn that this silicone mold is 3D, I just had to grab this. This entry is for Michelle as this mold I just know will bring funds into fundraising. Thank you so much Michelle (deaffreckles) Tactile love to you, girl!

9 cavities each mold and I have two.. still so happy to have ordered it!!

Photobucket

An upclose picture of this mold.

1 comment:

Deaf Pixie said...

Where can I get a mold of ILY?