Thursday, April 1, 2010

En Fleur Lavender (Lavender in Bloom)

Hi dear ones!

How are you all doing? I am doing good, very relaxed. It is 2:38 am. Yes I am wide awake at this very early hour as I woke up to two very sweet faces nudging me; one was head-butting me and the other was giving me the all-too familiar "shivers".

We know who gives me the "shivers" as my dear friend Tam calls this, my little girl Koi does this. I call her mine until she perks in and says "No no my PiC, she's mine!!" (PiC is Partner in Crime) Tam is a sweet friend of mine who has gone through so much and still maintains her positivity; she doesn't know this but she's a constant source of inspiration for me.

I've fed the sweet one who gives me the "shivers" and that would be Lil'Bit and the gentle head-butting is Hannah. I love how she really means each head-butt and head rubs. She'll rub her head against mine and say "I messed up your hair with... l.o.v.e!" *purrrs!* THAT is just Hannah, *sighs*

Mosey is right in your face, he will just plop himself right in your arms even when I am typing on the laptop and he will help himself to kneading. He shows his emotions right away after having a quarrel with either Hannah or Lil'Bit. It's either instantly to me to knead to comfort himself or he'll go to the food  dish to eat to comfort himself. Mosey is the human me, 100%.  If I'm cross with Mosey, he will meow pitifully for hours and make sure I know his wrath. He will not come to me and will only favour Chris (hubby) & this tortures me. Very rarely does this happen because I'm usually broken down to tears when this happens.

As I type this, a particular lavender I use all the time and it's dangerously low in stock at the moment!! I use my good friend J9 's lavender and her lavender products as well. J9 is an abbreviation for Janine Tucker and she owns En Fleur Lavender. If you recall from previous posts, I made a lot of sachets as well as a personalised pillow insert with her lavender; her lavender is potent. They last an amazingly long time. I use the lavender on a "must-daily" basis for both migraines and relaxation purposes.

Lavender has many incredible uses -

Lavender has been used for centuries as an herbal remedy, and does indeed appear to have antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-convulsive, and last but certainly not least - anti-depressant properties. 




Lavender I use comes in two forms - the essential oil which is quite costly and the alcohol form as well as the buds. I am very fortunate to have been spoiled by the best lavender grower who takes pride in her product as well. Janine made lavender jelly and let me tell you this; they are heavenly! They're perfect for Afternoon Tea, baby/bridal showers and so on. You can have an assortment of fancy jellies and different teas; oh can you imagine how it would be like to have Afternoon Tea? I guess I inherited my Gma's love for fancy teacups whereas I drink those beakers, eh?

I encourage you all to check out this wonderful site - En Fleur Lavender and you will not be disappointed! I wish this site had scent-o-meter as this flat is very aromatic at the moment with soft lavender. The great thing about warming up lavender, it helps lull me back to sleep which is what I am doing after this.

Take care dear ones,
Love,
Patty oxox

No comments: