Sunday, May 25, 2008

Trash to Treasures (T2Ts)

Lately I have been doing quite a bit of T2Ts because I enjoy saving money and materials. I feel it is a waste of money to spend extras on materials when I can save the money to spend on other important things such as food, bills and other important financial needs.

T2Ts are also my great source of constant creativity. I find that I am relaxed when I do T2Ts, I hit the thrift stores and garage sales when I find one. Thrift stores such as Value Village are the best because things only cost $2.00 and I can turn a thrift find to such a treasure!

This weekend I had materials and things around the flat. I googled and searched the prim sites for ideas. There were a lot of ideas so I was able to do a couple of T2Ts. I had an old denim shirt that was raggedy to the point where it was breaking apart at the elbows and the bottom of the sleeves. I couldn't bear to toss it out because it was great for a T2T.

Call me cheap or thrifty but I just knew I could use a part of the shirt for another t-shirt. Lo and behold, there was a heavy white cotton shirt that I just couldn't wear because the shoulders of the shirt kept exposing my bra straps. I took apart the collar of the denim shirt and sewed it on the white shirt. It looks fantastic! I'll be saving the denim shirt for another T2T shirt.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I took a roll of toilet paper and had a battery-operated Christmas light collecting dust. My sister, Janet, gave me two of the glass vases from Dollarama. She had no use for them but I had good uses for those. I used one for this T2T. I had some ribbon, used a rusty star and a scented tag as well. I added some rosehips at the bottom and inside the toilet paper tube for leverage so the light wouldn't jiggle. This looks great in our washroom!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I found an old clothesline pin and this T2T only took me 5 minutes to do. I just added two colours ribbons as well as a prim tag and glued a rusty star to it. I glued a long strip of magnet to the back. So far it is Moses' favourite toy to play with when he sleeps on top of the fridge.

Photobucket

Tactile smile to all!
Patty oxox

2 comments:

Heather said...

I like that country candle.
I am a BIG Americana and "prim" collector. Does your sister have website, I would like to look and possible buying some.

Kath said...

I love the toilet paper roll! I just laughed, but what you did was really clever! I mean, why not! You're Martha Stewart, but better. ;) I love the rest of the pictures, they're absolutely great. :o)