Saturday, May 3, 2008

Wigs for Kids

I am bursting at the seams with pride!! I am just so proud of my sister Janet, I affectionately call her "my little Mum" sometimes even though she is only a year older than me. If I could have another Mum, she would be that one.

Janet grew her hair very long for the longest time and I admit I enjoyed brushing her hair, sniffing the long hair as Janet washes her hair everyday. She uses a specific shampoo/conditioner that a DB's nose would just love to sniff. Her Rapunzel locks are something to brag about, it's long, curly and t-h-i-c-k!


Janet cut her hair quite short and she donated her hair to Wigs for Kids and I'm just so proud of my sister! My niece Kayla, Janet's daughter, did the same as well a few years back. Kayla donated her beautiful long thick blonde locks for Locks of Love.

For some people, their hair is important to them. For me, hair is just hair as I have my hair cut quite short to a pixie style cut. Now for little children and teenagers struggling through a life-threatening disease and debilitating chemotherapy/radiation and to lose their hair, I can appreciate the fact that they want to keep their hair.

It costs a lot of money to have authentic hair wigs made however with the kindness of people donating their hair and other companies donating their time and energy to make wigs, children and teenagers can have the wigs for free. Please take the time to click on the highlighted websites and donate money or consider growing your hair longer to donate.

You will be making someone very happy, emotionally, physically and psychologically.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm just so proud of you Sis! I love you LOTS!

Tactile smile with love,
Patty oxox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think that's a wonderful thing! I think I know your sister. Does she work in the literacy field? Janine

Patty Keen said...

Yes, that's Janet who works in the literacy field in Niagara Region.