Friday, June 6, 2008

Uptown Waterloo

Photobucket

DH and I went to Uptown Waterloo as we love this particular store - Whole Lotta Gelato. We get our weekly treat of delicious concoctions of gelato and I just love the smooth & delicious taste. DH got one scoop last week and I had two, of course, I offered to share but I didn't, heh heh! It was that delicious!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This week DH got two because he wanted the sweet vanilla bean and the oreo gelato. I had the sweet vanilla bean and the cappucino, *drools!*

Photobucket

Photobucket


Are we making you hungry? Good, you're supposed to enjoy those delicious pictures, heh heh! Now feast your eyes on the beautiful background we were able to take in when we enjoyed our gelato.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Many thanks to Whole Lotta Gelato for allowing us to take pictures of their establishment.

We went to Bark & Fitz, (where else!) to get more treats for Princessipia Mia, more catnip for Mosey & Ashy and check out new toys there as well. I just love Bark & Fitz because this store is so bright. They have drapes imprinted with dogs' silhouettes on it and it's just so cute! The aura is so relaxing.

Mosey and Ashy just loves their new toy - it's the laser cat toy and it's $10.00. Worth it, believe me! You point the laser toy to a wall and the picture at the wall is the shape of a mouse. The kids go crazy chasing the mouse silhouette!

Photobucket

You can see how much I love the furkids.. there's a lot of catnip on the carpet! If you see the pink plastic ice cubes, I use them for the cats. I buy them from the dollar store. They make excellent toys for the cats during the hot weather, the cats think it is a toy but it is to cool them down as well. I just wash them after they play and put it back in the freezer and take it out every couple of hours to let the cats play with them. I also put ice cubes in their water to keep them cool. This is a great idea for dogs as well.

DH and I relax for a bit at Starbucks as it was getting a bit hot for me. I needed a place to cool so I pointed to Starbucks as I knew it had A/C. I ordered White Mocha and DH had pop. We shared a dessert. Ohhhh the white mocha, *drools*

Photobucket

Photobucket

DH guzzled his as he was so thirsty!! It was that warm outside with the walking and so on.

Photobucket

Ohhhh taking the time to savour my mocha.. FIKA!!

Photobucket

I asked the gentleman for permission to take his picture and he obliged, was so pleased to be a subject for my photography.

Photobucket

I particularly liked this layout of frames in Starbucks.

Photobucket

Tactile smile to all and have a great day! Do take the time to enjoy a cup of coffee/tea or drink. FIKA!

Patty oxox

6 comments:

Kath said...

Yes you're making me hungry! :P Is geleto like a soft ice cream? I love the funky looking store! I used to eat Oreo cookies n' cream, but now coffee ice cream. I'm sure cappuccino is delicious, too! You two sure had a nice day. So sweet :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Patty!

Ohhh I'm jealous!! I don't blame you for not sharing cuz it looks soo good! *grins* It looks so nice there in uptown waterloo, I'd love to go!

Oh, I must say when I see "PEACH" - I was like.. ewwww! I can't stand peach! Any kind that comes with peach, no thank you! Ha ha.. for some reason I can't stand peach.

Vanilla bean is OK but I prefer french vanilla along with chocolate syrup on top of it ohhh I would do anything just to get that, he he.

It looks like you two had a lot of good time! It is only 10:15am right now and yet I'm craving for ice cream, thanks to you!!

Aw, cute cat! Speaking of catnip, not sure if you have seen this video of mine that I did for my cats and their favorite catnip which is: http://www.seekgeo.com/?p=786

Starbucks?! Ugh!! I seen 'em every corner here in WA, he he. Sure they have come very good coffee but uh oh... the prices is crazy so we prefer to have our own coffee at home.

I love that pic of you drinking a cup of coffee, very relaxing and you look very good as usual! ;-)

Hugs!
-SG

Patty Keen said...

Hugs Kat! Gelato is an italian softer ice cream made with sugar & milk with a lot less oxygen percentage which is why it is denser than regular ice cream. Regular ice cream is harder because it has a higher oxygen content level and water is introduced into the processing mixture as well.

Geo.. heh heh! You're like me too! Peach, eww!! I'm for the stronger flavours like coffee, vanilla and other interesting concoctions. You'll have to come to Waterloo, Kitchener, Stratford, Shakespeare, St. Jacob's!! It's an interesting community that I adore!!

Wander with Marc said...

Yummy, I love these gourmand/gluttony escapades. I so love pistachio gelato, or amaretto. Whenever I am in Europe, I always manage to eat one almost every day before I come back to the States. I love peaches though, and I thought gelato didn't really have any milk but more likely to use water. I will have to check on that again. Looks like you guys had a fab time, and we'll have to do that sometimes soon! Hopefully!

Wander with Marc said...

Okie, i did reading on gelato, and will include a wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelato

Gelato has less diary than American ice cream... But that's interesting to learn about the different type of freezer used for gelatos.

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Miss Patty,
My name is Mazie Grace. You leaved a very nice message on our bloggy and I wanted to say thanks on behaffs of all my brothers and sisters at the Whiskers & Purrs Gang. Mommy really really REALLY liked the pictures on your bloggy...she said it made her hungry! I liked the picture of your kitties with the laser toy. Mommy must git us one fast!

Please think of me on Monday when I go see my Unkle Doktor Blair...he is the hotness! I just know he's gonna ask me to be his kitty soon!

Very truly yours,
Mazie Grace and the Whiskers & Purrs Gang