Monday, January 7, 2008

CNIB

Hi all!

Hope this finds you in good health and spirits, smile! :) Tomorrow my sweet baby will be off to the veterinarian to be neutered, *sniff sniff*. My sweet baby will be aching, I'll be asking the vet if he can keep the manbits intact so my Mosey won't licking his wounded ego. I just only want Mosey sterilised, not his manbits chopped off.

I got info from the CNIB and I will be meeting a very nice lady very soon! We have already gotten my case file with CNIB started and I already have a lot of questions and concerns to ask her. Safe to say, I am excited, nervous and overwhelmed all over again to meet her. It's just like the very same emotions all over again at the U of W Ocular Health appointment. Beverly, her name, she knows ASL very well and she does tactile as well. I'm just thrilled to pieces because I can get to ask her directly all the questions I have been wanting to ask.

I will be able to ask her all the questions that I need answers to without worrying that I am being paranoid over.

She has also acknowledged that I put in a request for an intervenor for my appointment at the Ivey Eye Institute which she'll search for one. I'm very thankful to get my file started at the CNIB.

I also wanted to let you all know that when you go in for your new prescription glasses, don't throw out your old prescription glasses. Donate them. They are so important to be donated to another country that cannot afford good eye care. Almost all of opticians will gladly accept your old prescription glasses and send it to an agency that sends it over to a "third-world" country and fits other people with your old glasses.

I have donated my old glasses for the longest time and I wanted to remind you to donate if you have done so, I appreciate it very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beverly's father has Ushers, by the way. Hope to see you sometimes in a social function somewhere. You take care.

Scott from London, ON

Patty Keen said...

Hi Scott,

Nice to meet you and hope to meet you at a social in London,ON

Tactile smile!
Patty