Saturday, January 5, 2008

Out with the old.. in with the new.

Happy New Year's to you all!

So sorry for the very tardy entry in this blog as I've had such a busy Christmas and New Year. It was an amazing Christmas, very relaxing and busy at the same time. Christmas just passed on by so quickly until New Year's. DH and I stayed home and enjoyed movies. We both just love foreign movies a lot. I actually prefer foreign movies because subtitles are so much easier for me to read on the laptop. The colours are so much different than the CC (closed-captioning). Subtitles are usually yellow and at the bottom of the screen whereas CC is white and at the top of the screen.

We've been borrowing foreign movies from the public library a lot lately and I like their selections. They had one movie in particular and it made a huge impact on me.. emotionally. The movie is called "Quill". I really recommend you to watch this one. You can rent it from your local BlockBuster but you will have better luck loaning it out from your local library.



"Quill", covers a lot about the emotional and intimiate relationship between the guide dog and his/her guide from the puppyhood until death. There were scenes of DB actors and it was unique to see them tactile.

Over the holidays, I have been extremely blessed by beautiful and good friends sending me amazing cards. Knowing how much I love scrapping, they sent personalised scrapping cards that I have kept in a box so I can take out and read & re-read often.

Daisy, the sweet munchkin, got a lot of Christmas presents over the holidays. Her sweet boyfriend, Stetson, sent over a humongous box and let me tell you this, Daisy has a better wardrobe than I do. The BT is such a fashionasta already! She has a mink coat! o_O Not only the mink coat but she also got fancy toys as well! *woau*

Daisy not only squired a mink coat with fancy toys, she as well squired another suiter, Max. He sent over a very lovely and festive bandana. His mum is an amazing scrapper that I adore exchanging cards with her. Sharon sent over loads of her own cards and I admit I'm jealous of her skills!

I must tell you something about this amazing artist, Barb Krause. Just as we moved into our flat, she drew an oil painting of Daisy for us for our flat. I was really honoured to have her draw Daisy again because I commissioned her to draw my 4 dogs earlier. Barb does amazing artwork. Here's the link to her website and if you ever commission her to do your painting, you will never be disappointed.

Click on her banner for her website.



Tactile love to all!
Patty ox

No comments: