Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Weather, body pains

I just wish the weather wouldn't wreak so much havoc on my body these days. It's been awful with the sudden weather shifts these days, warm one day and then a huge cold dip into the -0 with wind chill factors as well. It really throws my whole body for a loop.

I usually feel it worst in the bones and end up taking a narcotic when I don't want to. If it wasn't for the narcotic, I wouldn't be able to pull myself out of bed and move around. It is extremely hard as I have rheumatoid arthritis as well. RA, folks.. sucks and it never takes a holiday.

Today I woke up feeling like a Mack truck ran me over, just took a Tylenol sinus and crawled back into bed. I slept until 1 pm, thank heavens for Mosey, my sweet furbaby. Lately, he's been forced to sleep with me whether he likes it or not. I grab him and snuggle with him. Just something about his body and the warmth he has and it does soothe myself off to sleep. Who knew a 8.5 lbs British Shorthair cat would really help me a lot with stress?

Next entry will be about my neurologist's appointment and if I'll be reduced from the medications - Topomax and Divalproex.

Topomax works for my migraines and I haven't had those blinding migraines for the longest times, w00t! Divalproex, I'm being kept on it for preventative measures for epilepsy.

2 comments:

Susan said...

First time to your blog. You really have good work.

If you want to meet more deaf people and see videos, I recommend you to deafloves..com. This is a niche deaf dating site and for deaf and HOH singles. Hundreds of new members daily join.

Diane J Standiford said...

Hi. New to blogging. I know how weather can mess with the body. Crikey!