Friday, January 11, 2008

Good news for DH!

The title says it all! I'm thrilled to pieces for my DH! He finally has his job training since moving to Canada. First of all, let me give you some information about DH. We were actually good friends, online and then took it from e-friends to dating. We both were actually burned out from "e-love" because physically we wanted companionship and love but from the e-love perspective, we had enough.

DH was from Dayton, OH and I was from Kitchener, ON. We chatted hours and hours about all kinds of topics and it was straight from the heart. I was burnt out from men.. basically. To the point where I was hating them.. sad to say. Chris was telling me not to give up on men and lo & behold I didn't realise I was falling for him, hard.

We met and knew that e-love for us was worth the wait and distance between us. We dated for a good year and married in an intimate ceremony at my parents' house. A beautiful ceremony, we chose the vows, we prepped the food and everything was so cosy. Just what we wanted. Families flew in from four corners of the Earth and we were just humbled to have them witness our union.

Shortly after the wedding, Chris got his landed immigrant status papers and he moved here. I was just so happy. It was hard to find employment for DH, I knew DH was frustrated at times not being to find employment. He is extremely qualified with CGI and he has oftentimes applied for manual work like McDonalds, only to be told he is overqualified and turned away.

A big blow to his ego but he keeps taking those blows and doesn't give up. My heart breaks but DH perseveres until the job training he had been needing and wanting finally called. I was thrilled and still thrilled that he has the resources necessary and important to help him.

Yippee!!

Big hugs and love goes out to mein bruder and Kim!

Tactile love and smile to all!
Patty oxox

1 comment:

Have Myelin? said...

Hi Patty!

I'm glad you found my blog- and I'm glad to find YOU. You sound so happy, so contented.

It seems things have changed a lot for both of us. I have much to learn from you.

I read your blog all the way to the beginning. You show such grace. I'm still fighting. I'm struggling to learn to accept my MS and I can't. You...wow.

Hugs...