Thursday, January 31, 2008

Life's mysteries


Isn't it wonderful that in life, we are handed an unique road that we just don't have the ability to foresee the road ahead, the sharp curves, falling rocks, whatnots. I just admire how people handle their paths with grace, humility and I also admire how others handle their paths with raw emotions.

It is how I learn and truly appreciate people for who they are. I also learn more about myself through people I meet in life. I would love to share this spotlight on my favourite readers. It is you all - DeafReaders.

It is how you post your stories, your life experiences and the amazing diversity I see in DeafRead.

The broad range I learn in DeafRead ranging from ASL, BSL, Deaf Culture, CIs and their stories, accessibility and the DeafRead's gem (for me personally) the extra.

It was from the Extra, I met a wonderful and beautiful blogger named Paotie! Ohhh he totally brought out my pink! Never have I encountered such a wonderful gentleman like this one. Such titillating stories and this one leaves his pink harem hanging for more!! (Stick a fork in me! This girl is already pink done!) LMAO!

A beautiful and relaxing mystery I'll never solve to this day.. my handsome furbaby relaxes me as much as I put him to sleep. Why he kneads me and why I hum to him at the same time? I'll never know. Why my boy sits by the fridge and paws at it when he knows I will only give him the best smoked ham, it's simple. He has me whipped. Yes, it's true, his Mummy orders the best ham at the deli, 1/4 lb and hides it from DH just so Mosey has it. Can we say spoiled?

As I mentioned about the neurologist's visit, my personal goal for the longest time was to be weaned off the Divalproex (epileptic medication)and it's coming true! I am just so thrilled! It does feel good to take care of my own body, temple and mind.

As of April, I will be seizure-medication free and it will be 8 years grand mal seizure free. Just feel elated for this! I have been making this my personal goal to take care of my body, temple and mind.

Taking good vitamins does help. Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Folic Acid and a multivitamin are what I take daily. It helps a lot especially in the dark days of winter.

Hugs to good friends and family!
Tactile smile and love to all,
Patty ox

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Patty I am so happy to hear you will be off your seizure meds and be seizure free. I enjoy reading things from your perspective.
Love,
Tam and Koi

Patty Keen said...

Hugs Tam! I am so thrilled to hear about your good news as well!

Have Myelin? said...

That is TERRIFIC! Nothing pleases me more than to be taken off a medication. It's always time for a party!!!

I may be going off daily shots (364 pokes a year to 12 pokes a year, LOL) because I may be going on infusions. WHOOT!

Back to you...congrats on getting off the anti-seizure medication. They upped mine. :-p Topamax. Oh well. I'll share your joy!

Patty Keen said...

Hugs Sherry! I'm celebrating with you! Believe me, it is frustrating being on "cocktails" as we know them.

I will always be on Topomax because of the migraines. I'll just take them twice a day, AM and PM. Celebrex is what I am taking for my Sjogren's.