Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Memories

Memories are what creates & shapes us and our friendships.

Last night I had a great chat with a long-lost friend that I reconnected with. It was really great sharing really fond memories with Jeanine. At first I was a bit nervous, excited and overwhelmed.

It was like the first day of school all over again, you're not sure what to expect but this is the same friend I shared a lot of my life experiences with. Marriage, divorce and a lot of very personal life experiences. Quite a lot of dark paths she was on with me, giving support and I went on a different path by myself because I had to take care of myself.

Through Facebook, we re-connected and it was great.. really amazing to see how we both have gone through so much. There was always something missing in my life and it was that special bond.. the friendship.

We always have our own friendships but it was THAT friendship I mourned when we were apart. Last night it was amazing reconnecting and it was as if we were together in the same room typing in AIM.

A lot of questions were asked and answered. For once, we both were on the same plane and we both related together and now I have a deep profound respect for my friend.

This is for you, dear Jeanine. Remember when I mentioned to you that it hurted to look at you because it was looking right at the mirror.

Here's to you, my twin. I love you.

No comments: