Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wooky completes the family


We've been anticipating the arrival of our sweet little Wooky for quite a while. I've been posting about her on Facebook and Dawn, my good friend would keep us updated about how Wooky and her brothers/sisters were growing up & coming along.

Who exactly is Wooky? She is the most beautiful lop-eared rabbit and probably the most affectionate one I've ever had in my life. Growing up, my family had all kinds of animals including rabbits. Albino and dwarf rabbits were what we always had but not lop-eared ones until I had Wooky. Now I really wish we had lop-eared ones because their ears are just something I love playing with. What I mean by playing with is that I love to kiss and feel the ears. The shapes and you can see the texture of the ears, if you tickle a spot behind Wooky's ears, she will kick her behind legs as it's a sensitive & ticklish spot for her.

At first Mosey and Ashy wasn't sure how to receive their new sibling. Ashy took slowly to Wooky and accepted her. Mosey struggled with dominance issues. I was quite surprised because I thought it would be Ashy with the dominance issues as she bosses Mosey around.

Mosey would stalk and bully Wooky to the point I would pick up Mosey and reassure him he was not being replaced. Poor Mosey would tuck his ears down and I knew he was upset because he was going through this twice already. First Ashy second Wooky. Now Wooky and Mosey are just fast friends. Mosey loves to lick her ears.

All three of them are tuckered out. Ashy is in her cat house, Mosey's sleeping on top of the blue rocker and Wooky's grooming herself on the window ledge. Each time Wooky grooms herself this means she's going to sleep.

A beautiful picture Chris took of both Mosey and Ashy.




Ashy, of course, was hiding in her favourite spot.. under the blue rocker!